- Wife to Chad (a USPS employee + avid outdoorsman) and mama to Cade (6) and Charlie (3). They are my WORLD and to be honest, why yes...I do love being queen bee in a house full of boys ;)
Castaway Cay | Bahamas in December 2018
- You'll likely find me in the Chick-Fil-A drive thru ordering a large Diet Coke (can't hide the obsession). I also can't live without leopard print, concerts, my MAC lipstick ("Velvet Teddy" is my go-to shade) and as many trips to the beach as possible.
- After graduating from The University of South Carolina in 06' (Go Cocks!), I sold online advertising for The Anderson Independent newspaper and quickly realized Anderson, SC had far more cute boutiques than Greenwood. (read: Greenwood had zero women's apparel boutiques. None.) I saw that need and after months of research and preparation (and the wonderful folks over at Countybank believing in me...) I opened Sugar's doors in April of 2008.
- The name Sugar is inspired by sweet Southern style and service. We say it's "the fashion you crave" because fashion is to women as candy is to kids. We crave it constantly, am I right? Now we ship all over the U.S and always strive to share the sweetest customer service!
- In 2012, I was named SC's Small Business Association's Young Entrepreneur of the Year as well as the 8 Region Young Entrepreneur award recipient. Hands down, the highlight of my career so far.
Mom and I at the award ceremony in 2012. FUN FACT: she helps with my accounting/bookkeeping and has been my #1 fan from the very beginning. My dad passed away from a sudden heart attack just three months after I opened the store and this woman right here (along with my amazing husband and family) has helped me overcome SO MUCH. Always keeping me motivated and inspired! She's the strongest woman I know.
Finally, if you haven't figured it out already, my favorite personal outfit involves anything PINK + leopard print. My Spanx leggings are my #1 wardrobe must have and I seriously have a major shoe addiction. Sam Edelman is my favorite shoe brand!
Thanks for popping over to learn a little bit more about me and this sweet business I love. We look forward to serving up even more fun fashion and events in 2019!
Again, be sure to sign up for our VIP newsletter by scrolling down to the bottom of our homepage so we can send you a FUN surprise and if you're local , you DO NOT want to miss our first Wine Down Wednesday of the new year coming up THIS WEDNESDAY, the 16th, 5-8pm.
Champagne, cupcakes and a HUGE surprise for all who join us!
See you then,